Friday, September 22, 2006

Response to Success in Maine Inquiry

I’ve decided that rather than be a steward of the animals who invests his own time, money and entire being to the betterment of animals and protection of their natural environment, by investing in wildlife friendly organizations such as Texas Wildlife Association, Ducks Unlimited, or by purchasing the most expensive hunting license (in several states), federal duck stamp, public hunting pass, San Antonio metro area park pass (even though I am unable to fully utilize any of them) which in one form or fashion go towards the funding, maintenance, creation and protection of our natural resources and aside from the fact that I invest thousands into my own outfitting service, which by its feeding program, strict rules enforcement on game suitable for harvest and mere existence offers sanctuary for multitudes of wild organism, by making it marketable to maintain the family property in a natural state for everyone to enjoy rather than clear cut it in order to build family dwellings or a shopping center; I THINK THAT I AM NOW GOING TO TRAVEL THE COUNTRYSIDE KILLING AND SCALPING EVERY FURRY ANIMAL I COME ACROSS AND IF IT DOESN’T HAVE FUR I’M JUST GOING TO KILL IT AND BATHE IN IT’S BLOOD.
The question obviously comes from someone who does not know who I am or what I stand for. Next time someone wants to question my motives in this regard please feel free to call me (210-945-4496) and by all means don’t do it anonymously.

Thad

5 comments:

Andrew said...

don't worry about him - he is our cousin that is a little off, but won't usually hurt people.

TCBrewer said...

usually

Melissa said...

Okay, why do I feel the need to get involved in this? I can't even come up with one good reason except this--

Since this is a family site, I think it is totally ridiculous to post anonymously. We already know that not everyone in the family is on the same page as far as pleasure hunting is concerned, BUT SERIOUSLY, to post anonymously says what? That you're afraid to voice your opinions to the fam? That you knew your critical tone wasn't going to start any kind of productive dialogue but was just an attack for attack's sake? Pretty sad, if you ask me.

If you have something to say, just step up and say it. We're all family here, and we aren't all exactly alike, and I think we all know that. If you can't say it and claim it, then maybe you should rethink it or keep it to yourself.

Would I have taken the same trip? Probably no. Am I glad that you, Thad, got to have an interesting and successful trip? Absolutely.

Love you guys and hope that we can be up front, loving and constructive in the future.

Now, stay tuned for postings about Squirt's arrival!! :)

Love you all, Mel

TCBrewer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TCBrewer said...

THE RITALIN JUST DULLS THE PAIN...

The problem with baby seals, spotted owls and most endangered animals is that they all taste like chicken. Sure, baby seals make an adorable little blood curdling squeal as you bludgeon them, but who needs all of that cold just for another chicken tasting animal. I’d much rather plunder sea turtle nests in a tropical location. Now, if you’re looking for a real rewarding hunt you must try your hand at harvesting Neighborhoodius Animalus. As you can imagine the actual harvesting is a little mundane, however the reaction and the curse words that ensue are priceless. Especially, when your prey is on the end of leash being walked.

Unfortunately, my old bag neighbor and her sissy husband don’t have pets. There would have been nothing better than their beloved fluffy poodle’s scalp adorning my head like some type of deranged hillbilly coon skin cap while I scream obscenities at them in the front yard, with beer and Twinkie in hand, about the offensive, stale, elderly, mothball, dirty depends odor permeating the air. Darn it, now that I think about it, during my bear hunt, had I been thinking less of the celebratory Twinkie and more about screaming obscenities at the neighbors that bear cub would have done just nicely. Goes to show, you gotta have your eye on the ball at all times.

Now, in regards to harvesting peoples beloved pets in the neighborhood, I can safely tell you that it must only be done for the absolute enjoyment of killing defenseless animals and the sheer pleasure of inflicting permanent psychological trauma on neighbors because IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH BACON YOU WRAP A CAT IN, YOU JUST CANNOT GET IT TO TASTE LIKE CHICKEN. Though little baby Jesus wrapped in his little gold diaper taking in the world with his new blue eyes, did intend for us to shoot, stab, strangle and some times run over and pick up the animals of the world, I do not believe he intend for us to eat cats.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not want to be offensive, if any of the family members have a good cat recipe I’m not opposed to trying it, but to tell you the truth I have had some pretty bad cat a few times and am not eager to repeat the experience.

Patiently waiting for Christina to unloosen the straightjacket straps, with love,
Thad