Thursday, August 10, 2006

Raven's in 3rd Grade


Hello Everyone,

I'm still trying to figure this out. I couldn't rotate the picture of Raven, maybe I'll figure it out. Well the picture on the far left is my new coffee and donut shop. I have all the pieces in place I'm waiting on a plumber to install the beautiful two group espresso machine I got yesterday. The plumber should be out tomorrow A.M. I'm nervous, Monday should be my first day open, I'll have a Grand Opening this next weekend. I'll be in the local paper next week. I already have people knocking on my door. =)
Raven's first day of 3rd grade was on Tuesday. They change classes like High School students. I didn't change classes ''til I was in 6th grade. She really enjoys school.
Michael has also started his own company, HomeTown Development, there are great opportunities out here for new business. The county government is really supportive. There is a big movement to improve the quality of life out here and if anybody is interested in investing in real estate, this is the time and the place.Come visit we'll show you around.
Well, this has been fun!
Love you all,
Connie, Michael and Raven

(that's the inside, ther is a full kitchen, nice seating area outside and 3 tables inside.)

I'll run this for 3 years and use the profits to start my own Health Food Store...that's my real passion...sometimes you've gotta start small. I'm excited to have gotten this far. I've wanted it for sooo long. yippy.

2 comments:

TCBrewer said...

Fantastic and Congradulations... I hope and pray that you have more business than you can handle. Take advantage of all of the free press you can get... tell all print publications (they need stuff to print in public forum sections), radio PR people and the city gov. people about helping you to get the word out, they should mention it at a city council meeting as a new business, being that those are the people who'll most likely be visiting you often, get your city rep. doing free advertising for you showing how new development is taking place in his/her district, if you come up with some type of benevolent gimmick, (free coffee for our military or military families or homeless or radio listners or whatever), you may be able to get one of your local radio stations to come out and do a transmission from your location. Taking in free cofee and donuts to a.m. radio personalities will get you free air time to boot. If all else fails, you can create a coffee house bikini team, I don't really know what bikini teams have to do with coffee and donuts, but I hear sex sells. JUST KIDDING aunt Loretta and Mom and anyone else easily offended by off hand bikini team comments,,,,,but really, GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS Connie, Raven, and Michael
Love,
Thad

cabinndawoods said...

I have the press covered, there are two papers that circulate out here and I have an article in both. The entire Pulaski County Development board (30 something), Southermost IL Empowerment Board (35 People), the Mayor and City Council will be there on Monday for my ribbon cutting ceremony. I have no competion and am the only specialty coffee shop in the southern 7 counties of IL. The legistics is what I'm nervous about mostly, not the operations. Thanks for the encouragement.