Thursday, April 05, 2007

Rocky Jr. has his 2nd All Out Sparring Match

In preparation for the Laredo Tournament, at the end of the month, Michael got to step into the ring again this evening. His first fight, Novice on Novice, was too easy. Michael dominated the guy even though they were at the same level. He was too fast and hit too hard for the other guy to have a chance. This evening Michael's instructor tipped the scales in the other direction. The Amateur fighter he fought was 6'2 with a definate reach and experience advantage. He should have won hands down. This is the first time that Michael has gotten hit with serious intent to do harm. He has some battle wounds, but the "Amateur" realized early in the first round that he has some practicing to do. It's easy to hold your head up with a black eye when the professional fighters at the gym tell you that you did a good job.

When we got home, momma was slightly upset and demanded that Michael stop boxing. He'll be sparring again next week. I'll try to get some video.

6 comments:

Ax3BL4d3 said...

Yeah, you tell us that the amateur has some practice to do and then you conveniently forget to tell us the final decision or score.

Enquiring minds(ryan and I) need to know.

Ryan and Eldon

P.S. You call that a black eye? I see a bigger bruise on his pectoral muscle.

TCBrewer said...

More color came after the swelling. His eyelid is like a pretty purple easter egg. No score or decision. It's supposed to be practice and gaining experience with different techniques. Michael said, that's bull, it's a flat out fight. When you get hit it's all the same. The consensus is that it was "even," whatever that means. I take it to mean, Michael wins. Flaco had more reach and ass loads more experience so the way I figue it, anything other than getting knocked out or stopped due to excessive blood loss is a victory. Michael definatley gave as good as he took. I was very proud of getting to watch him. He will get to have his first "scored" bought in Laredo. He will have to get his boxing license to be able to fight though. I will let you know when the carvan is leaving.

Ax3BL4d3 said...

When is the Laredo Tourney?

Anonymous said...

Yea, tell us when he is going to Laredo. I would like to believe that Josh and I could take a vacation:) Which reminds me; I am having Six Flag withdrawals, Thad and Chrissy could we talk about you guys babysitting one of these days, so Josh and I could go to Fiesta Texas? That would be so awesome. I haven't been allowed to go for six years, and the time before that, the park was closed for a stinking private party. And the time before that we missed the last day of the season. So really it's been more like ten years.

TCBrewer said...

uuuhhhmmmmmmmm.... ok, make sure the little red headed boy doesn't cry when he sees me and you have a deal, oh ya, and don't let Noah, David or Catharine cry either, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah now that was funny I don't care who you are, get it, you thought I was referring to Noah, but I was really talking about Josh, haahahahahahah, I'm so funny, of course we will watch your little angels, I'll take them to the farm and they can play with the calves and piggies

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! I really did think you were talking about Noah. He probably would cry. Josh would only cry if I went without him. We have to get Jessica to take a bottle first. Which my never happen, which would mean another year without six flags:(